Thursday, November 3, 2011

Evan's Birthday

Evan is normally a 10 year old when it comes to his big day. However, having a child will do weird things and Evan kept "forgetting" about his birthday. Whenever I asked him what he wanted to do to celebrate, he would shrug his shoulders and then go play with Russ. I was challenged with finding something that would put him in the birthday mood. After a lot of thinking, I thought of something pretty darn good.

My friend, John, is an amazing chef. He is consulting for many area restaurants as he waits for his new place to open in December. I asked him if he were at all available to cook for Evan and his friends for his 31st bday- AND HE WAS! I then called our buddy, Nick, and asked him to do a wine pairing with the food.

John prepared a delicious and pretty salad, handmade ravioli (to die for), pork with a berry sauce, and we had Italian cream cake for dessert. Nick paired each course with fabulous wine. A good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment